The Systems Analyst is responsible for analyzing, designing, and implementing information systems that meet the needs of an organization. They work closely with business stakeholders to understand their requirements and develop technical solutions that align with their goals.
S/He is responsible for overseeing the entire software development life cycle, from requirements gathering and design to implementation, testing, and maintenance. They also specialize in system configuration and usage, ensuring the successful implementation and maintenance of new technology systems.
- Understand the business issues and data challenges of the client's organization and industry.
- Work closely with the client to identify required process changes based on identified problem areas or opportunities for improvement.
- Develop functional specifications and solution design document for new or existing software applications.
- Communicate needed changes to the development team, both internal and external (vendors).
- Specialize in system configuration and usage, ensuring the successful implementation and maintenance of new technology systems.
- Design/create test plans, assist clients in user acceptance test activities, and document test results.
- Prepare training materials and user manuals and facilitate user training, as needed.
- In-depth understanding of the organization’s systems to ensure integrity of system and data and efficiency of use.
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported, escalated as needed, and resolved.
- Review modifications made to the existing software applications to ensure proper resolution and closure of incidents and requests.
- Deliver quality services to clients and monitor service levels in relation to change requests, service requests, and incidents.
- Create and monitor project plan and timeline, with milestones and detailed tasks with deadlines, to ensure timely delivery.
- Assume the role of a subject matter expert for the implementation of new software applications.
- Stays up-to-date with industry trends and technologies to continuously improve information systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or any related field
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in requirements gathering and analysis, systems analysis and design, and related documentation.
- Must have experience in directly working with both end-users and developers
- Must have experience in system implementation
- Preferably with working experience in the retail industry, similar to Primer’s business.
- With functional knowledge of any ERP systems
- With functional knowledge of software applications used in the retail industry, such as Point of Sale Systems, Merchandise Management Systems, Order Management Systems, E-commerce Systems, and Warehouse Management Systems.
- With functional knowledge of HRIS
Information and Communications Technology