The Junior Network Administrator assists the Network Administrator in maintaining the network infrastructure, installing and upgrading the company’s network device equipment. They are also responsible for adding, modifying and removing users/user rights to VPN’s, maintaining network configuration back-ups, restoration, security and prevention of network intrusions.
- Performs diagnostics of network issues, provides support for service desk staff.
- Updates and maintains network documentation, assigns ip addresses, saves device configurations.
- Configures network devices for new deployments per direction of senior staff, configures replacement network devices from backup configuration files.
- Assists with the administration and maintenance of IP based telephony systems, such as provisioning handsets, setting up extensions, supporting user requests.
- Assists in supporting network servers and internal corporate servers.
- For day to day operational tasks such as proactive maintenance, management, monitoring performance, incident and problem management, security, and backup and recovery across the network infrastructure.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an IT-related course, with major units in system and network architecture.
- At least two years network support on LAN and WIFI
- At least one year network administration
Information and Communications Technology