The PMO Project Manager assists the head of PMO in ensuring that the organization’s projects are executed effectively and meets the business requirements. The PMO Project Manager oversees projects and maintains project management methodologies, standards, and tools, and regularly updates the various stakeholders on the status of the projects.
- Project Management Governance
- Assist the PMO Head in crafting or revising PMO policies and project management methodologies.
- Provides guidance on PMO policies and processes.
- Maintains project management office policies and processes.
- Monitors project team’s compliance with policies and standards.
- Project Prioritization
- Act as first level filter for new project requests
- Project Tracking & Control
- Oversees project managers for the delivery of projects on time, within scope and on budget.
- Works with other project leaders to take corrective actions on issues, risks and changes as needed.
- Provide status reports and budget outlines to the head of PMO as needed.
- Project Management (If assigned to a specific project as Project Manager)
- Oversees the delivery of the project on time, within scope and on budget.
- Oversees the development of the project and ensures that team members are carrying out their tasks effectively while upholding the company’s standards and business objectives.
- Ensures the project management process: planning, setting deadlines, prioritizing tasks, and assigning members to various deliverables.
- Ensures proper documentation is in place on the project’s creation, development, and execution as well as documenting the project’s scope, budget, and justification.
- Manages the risks, issues and the change resolution process, and works with other project leaders to take corrective action as needed.
- Provide status reports and budget outlines to the PMO as needed.
- Special Projects Participation (If assigned to a specific project as project team member or subject matter expert)
- Complete project tasks as assigned by the project manager while upholding the company’s standards.
- Project Leadership
- Assist in the establishment of project teams.
- Assist project teams from project inception to completion and in ensuring that the project’s goals and objectives are met.
- Models ethical values in project implementation and client & partner interactions.
- Assist in setting performance targets for project teams.
- Stakeholder Management
- Prepares, presents and explains reports to the Head of PMO and other management committees on a regular basis.
- Manages and implements expectations from various stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, business, industrial engineering or any related field.
- With 3 to 5 years PM experience in managing multiple projects of various complexities.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified preferred.
Information and Communications Technology