The Product Development Associate develops a continuous and evolving sourcing and merchandising programs for the brands in the attainment of the sales and marketing objectives.
- Develops sourcing and merchandise plan for every season based on trends forecast, sales performances, target market and general direction as determined by management.
- Ensures on-time arrival and quality of goods as committed to distributors.
- Participates in the preparation of trade conferences and conducts product orientation to distributors
- Reviews brand performance through regular review of orders and sales and coordination with distributors
- Coordinates with Brand Management group on brand updates and directions.
- Negotiates with suppliers for MOQ, pricing, timely claims on defective products and other terms
- Submits purchase orders and negotiates with factories to ensure maximum confirmation of orders.
- Graduated from college; Graduate of any business-related course
- At least one (1) year of experience in related field
- Knowledgeable on products and with “eye” for selection
- Critical thinking, analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate; proficient in spreadsheets
- Negotiation skills