Social Media Specialist works closely with Brand teams to understand their requirements and desired use of social media marketing technologies as a means to engage and build relationships with consumers.
• Acts as a social community manager for a number of selected brands using different social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.) as required by the brands, monitoring social activity across all channels, including in a customer service capacity.
• Manages third party community managers and community management vendors for other Brands of the company to ensure proper delivery of services and effective performance of the same.
• Works with external agencies and cross-functional personnel to ensure collaborative, successful, and efficient social community management execution.
• Monitors pre-defined metrics for social community management and ensures that all social media accounts of the company are performing effectively based on such metrics.
• Ensures proper engagement with consumers through social media marketing channels to achieve positive interactions with and recommendations for the brands and products of the company
• Develops content for brands assigned and coordinates with third party social media community management vendors to create social media content plan (or content calendar) for all other brands across different social channels, and coordinates approvals with Legal and with Brands, as necessary
• Follows and enforces legal policies and best practices for promoting the company's brands through social media
• Works cross-functionally with Brand Marketing, and sometimes with external agencies, to develop and implement content unique to each brand and their social media objectives, such as increasing engagement and community effectiveness
• Contributes to the implementation of any new functionality or enhancements to social networks and assures consistent brand presence and reputation
• Assists in analyzing the performance of social marketing programs by reviewing campaign results, and gathers insights from those results to optimize interactions with consumers
• Assist in social media pay-per-click (PPC) ad management
• Exhibits a sense of urgency – monitors, prioritizes, and responds in near real-time
• Thinks creatively and strategically in all social media promotions
• Follows the latest social marketing developments, monitors competitive landscape and consumer behaviours in order to understand current and future trends
• Performs other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time as deemed necessary by direct superior.
• Must possess a Bachelor's degree in a job related field such as Marketing or Digital Advertising
• Hands on experience of at least one (1) year in social media community management for brands and companies, preferably in the fashion and lifestyle category
• Thorough understanding of and expert-level user of all or most social media technologies and platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, etc.)
• Excellent social marketing conversation skills with a strong history of active participation on behalf of a consumer brand
• Outstanding, error-free written communication skills, including the ability to master a variety of brand voices
• Proficiency in Photoshop, video-editing, and photography skills are a plus
• Excellent attention to detail
• Able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high stress environment and ensuring follow-through on every task and project
• Experience with generating ideas and working under minimal supervision
• Strong collaboration skills and experience with working as a team player
Sales and Marketing